Poster Proposal Deadline: Friday, June 2, 2017
Presenters were notified of proposal status by Saturday, June 24, 2017
UMA is seeking people interested in sharing their stories, successes, and challenges with the Utah museum community in posters that present strategies and ideas for strengthening the future of Utah museums, their programs, collections, and communities.
The Poster Session is an opportunity to share your research and/or projects in an informal setting. If your proposal is accepted you will be required to make a poster according to the dimensions detailed below. During the Poster Session, you will have a chance to answer questions and interact with conference attendees regarding your poster.
How to submit
In order for your proposal to be considered you must submit by the deadline using the Poster Proposal form below.
Poster Session Guidelines
- Poster should be approximately 20” x 25” to 30” x 42” and mounted on foam core or board to allow them to be displayed on easels.
- UMA will provide the easels to display the posters. Please drop off your poster at the Information Table on Wed, Oct 11 between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Poster descriptions should be accurate. Do not twist titles/descriptions to fit the theme.
- The Poster Session date and time will be included in the program book. All Poster Session presenters are required to attend and remain with their posters for the duration of the session.
- Posters will be on display for attendees from Wed, Oct 11 at 1:00 pm through Thu, Oct 12 at 5:00 pm.
- All posters must be picked up from the Information Table on Fri, Oct 13 between 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Any remaining posters will be recycled.
- All poster session participation is voluntary; we are unable to offer honoraria.
- Poster Session presenters are expected to register for the conference, and will be responsible for their own conference registration (but are eligible to apply for scholarships).
- Vendors are allowed to present a poster, however the poster is to remain neutral and in no way is your session to be an advertisement for your business.
- Due to limits in space and time, submittal of a proposal does not guarantee that your poster will be chosen for the conference. UMA reserves the right to decline or recommend modifications to proposals in the interest of the conference and attendees.
Questions? Contact Ruth White, UMA Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 251-0549.