The UMA blog is meant to be a source of inspiration and encouragement for our museum community.
We are interested in seeing a range of items, including features, how-to articles, book reviews, case studies, tips and tricks, instructions, motivational articles and other articles that will help Utah museum employees, volunteers, and students gain knowledge that will help them succeed. We encourage you to share your experiences whether you are a grizzled old professional or new to the field.
Specific categories of articles we are particularly interested in:
- Exhibit reviews
- Book reviews
- White papers (case studies, how-to, tips and tricks, etc.)
- A day in the life of (featuring your own work) Photo heavy
- Small museum feature (writing about your own museum)
- Emerging Museum Professional
The fine print:
- Completed articles are accepted, though you may query first if you would like our suggestions for upcoming issues.
- Send your article as a MS Word or Open Office attachment or in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The newsletter editor(s) will review all articles and make changes for grammar, readability, and organization. The editor(s) may request revisions.
- Timeline for publication is approximately 45 days after submission. Think ahead!
Please note: We cannot guarantee that we will use your article.
- Submissions should be in a simple font with a minimum of formatting (editors will create the formatting for publication).
- Article length can be short (minimum 400 words) or longer, depending on the complexity of the topic.
- We require 1-4 jpg images with your article. More may be included in some cases. Please do not embed them in the text of your article. We would also like to have a portrait of you.
- By submitting an article to UMA Connections, you certify that the work is your own and that you give permission for UMA to publish your work in the newsletter and on the UMA website.
- You retain the copyright in your work and are free to reuse it in any way you want.
If you have any questions, ideas, concerns, etc. please contact us! We are here to help.